Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Journal Artventuring













Even though I haven't been attacking the pages of my plain journal with loads of color and words each and every day, I've made it a point to MAKE it happen at least three times a week. This way I don't feel like I HAVE to. No better feeling like "HAVING" to do something, right? And to prove that you don't really need a journal to write into, I've put up a photo of a large 8 x 4 tag which I wrote on the back of. I taught a workshop a couple years ago where we arted up eight tags and the backs where left blank for journaling.
All of my big tags get painted several times, stamped and then a woman is placed on front of each one. I give each tag a name. The one above is "Seamstress for the Band" so it was only natural for me to write about my sewing experience in high school. I even glued a picture from the yearbook that showed me actually getting down with the machine! LOL! I was a nervous wreck.
I was inspired to write about my eating habits while cutting out coupons. It doesn't take much to get me going once the light bulb goes on! The words "Start Right - End Right" were my inspiration. You just never know what you'll find when flipping the pages of the coupon flyer!


2 comments:

Sherry Goodloe said...

Love how you're art journaling. And those tags are fabulous!

Stampmaiden said...

Thanks Sherry! I'm really trying. LOL!
Linda