Saturday, July 4, 2009

Red, White and Blue Artventures

The streets are alive with the wild cries of children who can hardly wait for the loud thunderous sounds of fireworks!



Here's one child who looks forward to the wild celebration that takes place once the sun goes down.


American Color is a star book that I exchanged with Alma de la Rosa of www.thecatspajamasrs.com before she began her stamp company. Go to her site to check out her swanky stamps. I'll be seeing her next week at the rubberstamp convention.

Here's a page from the star book Alma made. She's quite talented. Even back then I could feel she was bound for something big. This book she put together is filled with her interpretation of "American Color." The first page features a Native American and rightly so.





Here's another page from the book. I like the way Alma made a lot of windows featuring various cultures.



This is another beautiful layout. I love the way she stamped various background images as well.




Women have certainly come a long way not only in America but throughout the world.








Happy 4th to all. Remember, no one can silence you cause it's a free country.

6 comments:

soulbrush said...

what a beauty. a convention? ohmigod, what pure bliss....hope your 4th july was cracking good fun!

Bea said...

Great Star book! Hope you had a wonderful day and weekend. :)Bea

BT said...

What a lovely post Linda. That book is lovely, how clever of your friend. I hope you're having a great 4th of July.

Stampmaiden said...

Thanks, Bea! I bring this book out on the 4th like one does with Christmas decorations. LOL! It's just so fitting and pretty cool to look at.
Thanks, BT. Alma is so creative. She did some great workshops. I had a great 4th of July and the fireworks went on even after I was tucked in bed! It was nonstop!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

This is a great 4th post Linda. I hope you had a good one with lots of fireworks. This book is truly an inspiration. Have fun at the stamp convention. I have put a "H" in the mail for you.

Stampmaiden said...

Thanks for visiting, Lisa! Looking forward to seeing my "H" ATC!
Linda