Sunday, July 12, 2009

After Midnight Artventures!

It was after midnight and I was on a roll. And yes, that is a stamped clock!



I dropped three colors of acrylic paint onto a blank ATC. My good-for-nothing-but-art-phony-credit-card waited patiently to glide paint across the ATC.

Each painted card had it's own personality as you can see if you click on the picture. My "paper people" who in the end turned out to be "Graffiti Artists" were just as individual as each one had been hand drawn and colored with pencils.

It was becoming a long night but the end was near as I stamped images in acrylic paints.



Finishing touches in black and white ink were added to each card. I played around with the placement of each Graffiti Artist before gluing him/her down.



I know what you're thinking. But I was on a mission with a goal to create just 8 more ATCs and I was pumped with enough caffeine to see me through it! All it took was a little paint, my good-for-nothing-but-art-phony-credit-card, some pre-cut ATC blanks and small figures I had previously drawn and colored with color pencils. I was in bed by 3:00 A.M. which may explain why I've been dealing with jet-lag sensations one day later. But it was worth it, as is most things dealing with art. For this girl anyway. Insert BIG smile here!

4 comments:

BT said...

Linda, you are a genius. I was up until 5 doing 'inchies'!! lol. But I'd had a sleep in the evening. If I stayed up all night I couldn't create such magic! Well done.

Stampmaiden said...

Oh oh, I see a trade in the future with you! Love inchies!
Linda

Bea said...

Don't you love it when the creative urge hits and you can just go with it? What a great idea for your ATCs. :)Bea

LR said...

the best time for me to create is late in the evening or early early morning; these ATC's are creative and original. thanks for stopping by my blog.