Wednesday, July 22, 2009

MIA

I'll be teaching a Mini Tag Journal workshop in mid August in the Los Angeles area. There will be three themes to choose from - 1. Frida Kahlo, 2. Asian Beauty and 3. Birds. A theme just means that some of the pages will be embellished with images from those groups.
Featured here is obviously Frida and you can see a little of Asian Beauty in the background which, btw, I still have to bind the pages together.



Here's a peek into my Frida mini journal. The sun was very bright and made one of the pages appear as if it's cut on the diagonal but it's not. I couldn't wait to start writing in this mini journal. I'll be sharing some of my entries with you later.

Here are the pages of the Asian Beauty Mini Tag Journal. I love color. Can you tell? LOL! I also love hunting down interesting images and incorporating them into art projects. I am not stingy and each student will get a kit filled with ephemera based on whichever theme they choose.


I have a huge stash of fibers that I collect and save for moments like this. Don't you just love the way it all hangs out? Each tag has gorgeous strands of fiber hanging off it's side and this will be included in each kit as well.




I have been MIA - Making Interesting Art! I'll be teaching a couple workshops in mid August and I had to work on samples for the shop where I'm teaching. I've been pulling all nighters and staying away from the computer, not to avoid the temptation of "visiting" with my friends, but because I've been tied down at the table.




If you're in the Los Angeles area on Aug. 9th, drop me a line if you're interested in taking this class. We'll be making Mini Art Journals with a theme which includes Frida Kahlo, Asian Beauty or Birds. I'm currently working like mad to get the Birds going. It's taken me one week to work on two journals from start to finish. Family commitments have slowed me down but I'm so determined to get this done and I'm almost there!

6 comments:

Sherry Goodloe said...

WOW - you HAVE been busy gf! Nice samples you've got going there I might add *smiles* And yes, I DO love how all of those fibers and ribbons are tied to the spines. Lucky students that will be in attendance.

soulbrush said...

omg i soo wish i was there mid august, need some inspiration and guidance on my atcs....these are fabadabadooooooo. whew, what talent, what beauty, what art! xxx

Ms. Lahtidah said...

This workshop sounds great - how can we get particulars?

Bea said...

Oooooooh I LOVE FRIDA. You've been very busy. I wish I could come and play. Since I can't do take pictures of what's happening so we can live through them.
:)Bea

La Poeta said...

Linda, if you want to use some of my "bird poems" let me know.
Maybe that way I'll become famous!

BT said...

I can't believe you've done so many posts since my last visit. Those journals are just gorgeous and I love the fibre tags and tassels. So tactile. You see, we all want to come but most of us are too far away. What a shame. Lucky lucky students.