Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Artful Halloween





Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I guess that's why it's hard for me to shy away from Halloween themed swaps, trades, STAMPS, etc. I had a workshop last October titled "Spooky Sensations" and it involved making several tags with women dressed for a costume party. We later assembled a book covered in black lace to house each tag.




This year I'm in a postcard swap and I'm happy with the outcome. I mixed several shades of paint from the cream family and threw in some plum for color. I like the eerie "sunset" or "early dawn" effect that was achieved. I stamped the word "Spooky" in a watermark ink. Bare trees lend a haunting look but to me the scariest feature has to be the brains - one in particular!!!!! LOL!!! BOO!




No comments: