Monday, August 8, 2011

Yard Sale Update

OH MY! Look at what I've been finding!  There will be packs of paper at my yard sale!  Great for scrapbooking and paper art!  And at great (cheap cheap) prices!

You'd be amazed at what I've found in the wee hours of the morning.  And yes, I have been staying up as late/early as 4:00 A.M. and you know what I've discovered, besides finding a lot of lost art treasures?  I've discovered that staying up super later/early is for young people.  LOL!!!!  But hey, I'm on a mission and I will continue to unearth as many goodies as I can until I start seeing double.  Hmm, maybe not cause by then I'll be pricing and I refuse to double charge anyone!!!  This is a yard sale after all and you will be saving so much you'll think we're back in the 60s!  OK, that's an exaggeration but it did sound good, didn't it?     

I came across rolls of paper which make great book covers.  Aren't they great? 


At one time in my life I was into shopping at bead stores.  My daughter and I would trek on over to downtown L.A. and spend an entire morning scouring bead shops and pouring through stalls filled with boxes and boxes of beads.  Although I did make a few things, I never did get around to creating those beautiful necklaces I envisioned as I shopped.  sigh.  So I gathered as many beads as I could and divided them by color and packed those little suckers into snack-sized Ziplock bags.  And they fit in those little bags like a family of sardines but without the stinky smell!  I am not skimping on the goods, folks.  Click on the pictures to get a closer look.  There may be more packs of beads on the way. 

There will also be a handful of art prints at our yard sale.  These prints are of professional quality.  The colors and images are beautiful.  The texture of the paper on some of these art prints is amazing.   You have to see these in person to appreciate their beauty.  This is just a handful of what will be on display and they will be priced below $5!  That's all I can say.  I don't want a yard sale riot over here!!!  But come anyway!   

Well, I'm off to put stacks of paper together, search for more yarn, embellishments and maybe, just maybe I'll get around to the rubber stamps today!   Oh so much to do before Saturday.  Remember, our yard sale is this weekend, the 13 and 14, and will run from 9:00 A.M. - 3:00 P.M.  E-mail me at stampmaiden@aol.com for my address and directions.  My apologies to those of you who had a tough time reaching my link on my last post.  I don't know what possessed me to add www in front of stampmaiden!  Maybe I want an online shop, huh?  Oh well, it's gonna be a yard sale for now!  Hope to see you all!

No comments: