Friday, September 10, 2010

TGIF


Thank God It's Frida!
How time flies when you're having fun.  Where oh where did the summer go?  The calendar says that summer's last day is on September 21 but for me it ends the day school begins. 
My summer was filled with celebrations.
My summer was filled with a surprise that led to the end of an 18 year friendship. 
My summer was filled with late night artventures.  Which brings us back to TGIF - Thank God It's Frida!

I got the urge one night to burn holes into an ATC.  I did this once before but not on an ATC.  And since I had a few left-over candles, I decided to drip some wax onto the card as the candle melted.
I knew I wanted "HER" eyes behind the holes.  Additional wax was dripped onto the card and gold paint was rubbed over the entire surface.
I wanted Frida's eyes to be an element of surprise to anyone who viewed this ATC so I decided to place a strip of movable cardstock across the card to cover her eyes.  A decorative brad anchored it down in place.
Peek-a-boo, I see you!
So much for late night artventures.  It was fun while it lasted.  Yeah right, like getting up early for work will stop me.  LOL!!!  





2 comments:

Bea said...

OOoooooooh, I love Frida and your Frida's. End of another summer. It always goes by so quickly. Sorry about the end of that friendship. Have you found a NEW friend, yet? :)Bea

marianne said...

Love these cards and thanks for showing me the process!

Hope you are doing fine dear!