Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Artventurous Summer Daze

What's summer without my Bella Donna lilies?  Plain and simple - boring!  This summer they've taken off like crazy growing in between roses and filling in blank areas.
Every summer my Bella Donna's bloom from mid July though late August but I get a little bummed cause I only get a few to admire.  But not this year!  Each time I turn around I'm catching another lily popping out the ground!
I was recently challenged by fellow blogger, Joss, to create a series of ATCs.  Last year we went all out and pumped out an entire alphabet of verbs. Our cards had a lot of action going on!  This year we decided to make up themes of our choice for one another.  Black, Red and White is one of the themes she challenged me to and since red paint was conveniently sitting on the table, I jumped to the occasion and began to work on my first set of ATCs.
Fortunately for me, everything I needed to embellish the red painted cards came at me from everywhere.  And it seems that in little time my first set of ATCs were complete.  I think I did a good job of incorporating the color pallet Joss requested. 

It's NEVER too early for Halloween!
I owe my color pallet to "Miss February" who will be one of the Calendar Girls for my upcoming calendar workshop.  I'm doing some serious all-nighters cause I gots to get a few samples into the shop pronto!
Hope your summer is keeping you in an artful daze!

6 comments:

Lynn Cohen said...

I have some of those flowers in my yard...but I haven't noticed any blooming yet. I can't even remember when they normally appear. I used to be an avid gardener, but since discovering art I forgot all about dirt. LOL
I'll let you know if they come to life soon.

Your red ATCs are all quite begiling.

Emmy said...

I almost bought a pack of blank cardstock cards for ATCs, but I decided against them at the last minute for lack of funds (and I just HAD to get this awesome stamp pad the color of aged paper :P)

Stampmaiden said...

Lynn, you are too funny! Gardening is a favorite past time of mine and if it wasn't for my art projects I'd be out there more often.
Emmy, you can cut your own ATCs so keep saving those dollars to buy other fun things like ink or stamps or paper!

soulbrush said...

how could i resist looking - they are all WOWSERS! i think i am going to be the luckier one in this swap. tee hee. keep on going, will give you a preview of mine soooooooon almost done with birds and women....

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Red is one of my favorite colors. I think you did a marvelous job on these.

Sherry Goodloe said...

Linda, your Bella Donna lilies and those atc's you've created are all GORGEOUS! You've been a busy lady this summer :)