Saturday, February 20, 2010

Saturday Artventures

The view from my "looking glass" revealed a beautiful day in sunny Los Angeles.



Texture is the theme I've decided on for my round robin journal. The front cover says it all, don't you think? How fortunate of me to find the "Touch" card in my bag of "one day..." You just never know what you'll find in those bags! I think my friend Jolene sent this to me a few years ago.



This is a trial placement. I love that vintage upholstery fabric in the background.




The sun poured through my art space windows this morning inspiring me to gather a few ideas for my journal which will be traveling off soon. A few days ago I was thinking of collaging around the words "friend" on the book cover but that's changed. I was going through a bag of "waiting to use one day scraps" and found some pieces that would start me off with a new idea.

I love texture. Love to feel and touch anything dimensional. When I came across a card with the words "Touch" I knew it was meant to be part of the cover. Along with touch I found fabric which I may or may not use. I did some trial positioning on a page but I'm not 100% convinced. But I like it.

I've decided that the theme for my journal in the round robin will be TEXTURE. I hope this doesn't blow any one's mind out or send them running for the hills. LOL! There's so much texture out there and it's just not limited to fabric. I'm imagining paper, paint, embossing techniques - there's a lot to think about here. And my pages can be removed to work on with ease and then placed back.

As I send my journal off I don't want anyone feeling they have to stick to whatever look I've done on the first few pages. My art is ME and yours should be YOU, but if you're playing in the journal round robin, don't forget to add some texture. LOL! I will definitely keep you posted on what I end up with. I don't think I'll be changing the theme again. Well, we'll see. LOL!

11 comments:

soulbrush said...

i bet these are gonna be fabadabadoo, judging by this one.be sure to show us more.

Stampmaiden said...

Thanks Joss! I'll be sure to show you my progress before it ships off!
Linda

Bea said...

Ooooooooh that's a great theme for your journal. I could think of ten things right off the bat for pages. You aren't going to want to put this done when it finally gets home to you. Lots of touching. LOLOL :)Bea

Stampmaiden said...

Thank's Bea! It took a while to come up with something that I thought would be fun, interesting and different. I hope others will think enjoy it and not find it too challenging!
Linda

Sherry Goodloe said...

Texture is a good thing! Love it!

Stampmaiden said...

Yes, Sherry, texture is a good thang indeed!
Linda

Lisa at Greenbow said...

What a wonderful theme. I am very touchy feely so I can really appreciate this. I like the way you can remove the pages to work on them.

~jolene said...

I LOVE texture and always incorporate it some way into my art (and especially my journal covers)...I love art that FEELS good in my hands as well as a treat for the eyes!
You ROCK sista - in all that you do!

Stampmaiden said...

Lisa, It'll be interesting to see how touch-feely everyone else is! Hope they let loose and dive in! I thought the rings would allow for "build up" as the pages get worked on.
Jolene, what would I do without my big sis? LOL!
Linda

BT said...

Oh I love texture too. Big lumps of paint, vegetable nets, bobbly beads. What fun you will all have.

Propoquerian said...

two things---1) my boyfriend is a photographer and involved in a lawsuit with a hotel right now who basically let some photos he took for them go viral--without his permission. It has for him , just like you, stifled his motivation to be creative!!! don't stop putting your work up. you won't always be abused as you were by that one moronic blogger and, someone who wants to give you legitimate (paid??) recognition might stumble upon you here! :)
oh, and, it's true--mentally damaged kids do come from mentally damaged parents.
luckily for me, my mentally damaged parents paid for this mentally damaged kid's therapy. There is the saving grace if ever there was one! :)
follow me if you please :) i know i'll follow you!
twistedtemper.blogspot.com