Thursday, December 25, 2008

Tamale Artventures!







Yes, tamale making is indeed an artventure! The colors, textures and final results are an art in itself. I love the various shades of yellow in the hojas - corn husks. I enjoy watching their color and textures transform while soaking in hot water. The red of the pork filling is so vibrant. The shades of green and cream used in the green chile-cheese tamales are mellow yet exciting. And the brown raisins mixed into the masa (tamale dough) add a touch of color and temptation to pick and taste the sweetened mix. But you know what my best part of "tamale art" is? Enjoying the varied flavor each one has to offer.



We made three different types of tamales to last throughout the holidays. They freeze well but they never last that long anyway. Burp. Ooo, excuse me. Hope you enjoyed looking at my latest artventure.

3 comments:

Sherry Goodloe said...

Tamales are just THE BEST this time of year! I'm lucky to have friends that have the tradition of making them at Christmas time and sharing *smiles*. Ummmmmmmmmmm!

Stampmaiden said...

Sherry, yes they are the best! Worth the work and wait. Would you believe that there are only about 4of those red chile tamales left and only 1 green-cheese one?!!!! ACKKKK! Well, we share and have a large family over here. LOL! Thanks for stopping by!
Linda

Gayle said...

Wish I had some of those....I'm a little bit hungry right about now!