Friday, December 26, 2008

Inchie Artventures & Contest!





I'm always finding ways to squeeze a little art into my life and what better way than to do it with inchies! The tiny 1 x 1 "canvas" does not intimidate me. It pushes me to make it work and work I do in a fun and challenging way. I start with something colorful. Sometimes I hunt down scraps of paper with interesting backgrounds. Tickets left over from yesterday's carnival make a great start! I know that many of us paper enthusiasts have a hard time throwing out those odd pieces for that "one day project." Believe me, inchie art can be that "one day project" TODAY! I save book catalogs for featured art and words. When I get the temptation to make some inchies, I pull out the saved catalogs and go to work. Lots of interesting art and words to choose from. Don't forget to incorporate those small stamps you have. Perfect for this type of art. A glue stick works great for holding it all down.



I want to feature my collection of inchies in a unique way. I've toyed with the idea of glueing them all along side a bookcase with a gel medium or doing the modge podge thing but I need to make more inchies cause I have a tall bookcase. Then my cautious nerve jumps in and I try to think of another way to make my inchies stand out. Any ideas? I KNOW!.......................I KNOW!..........................time for a contest! Each person who sends me an idea on how to feature my inchies will get their name entered in a raffle! The prize? A ziplock bag with blank 1 x 1 squares waiting to be adorned AND a catalog or two with "art" crying to be cut up and put onto an inchie! Come on! Play! You have till next Wed., Dec. 31st, to enter your ideas in the comment section. Get to work!

9 comments:

Gayle said...

Well, you know how I love mini books. Incorporate them in a book or journal. I love your journals. Make an Inchie for a week or month book.

Sherry Goodloe said...

Pick up one of those $1 flat, wooden frames at Michael's that have about a 3" border. Paint frame black. Glue inchies to the frame. If inchies do not butt up nicely to each other to fill the border, use stickles glitter glue to use as "grout" between the inchies.

Gail said...

Hi Linda,
I like to organize things by color/holiday themes. You could organize your inchies into a theme for every month ie: Feb: reds, pinks, whites, hearts, flowers and create a table book or garland to adorn a fireplace mantal or drape a booktop or cabinet top. March could be green for St. Patrick's day and so on through out the year. You're a teacher. You get the idea. Maybe a smal set of boxes to put on a table covered with them of different sizes (those plain brown or white ones. Also anything miniature is always fun, like a decorated matchbox filed with them or a pull out of them or a small hinged box the same way. Good luck! Gail

Pamela said...

I would love to cover an entire coffee table top with the inchies. What a great conversation piece that would make!

Stampmaiden said...

OMG! You guys are making my head spin faster than a dreidl!! I love love love your ideas. I guess I'll have to get started on making more inchies!
Thanks for your suggestions and for playing!
Linda

Anonymous said...

What about tiling your big tags with inchies? Then making an accordion-style book adorned with more inchies to hold the inchies-tags? :)

BellaKarma said...

I see so many I'd love to use as magnets on the fridge! =)

Stampmaiden said...

Judy and Jill, wow, your names take me back to my childhood early readers - very sweet and innocent! Thanks for your great suggestions. I have so many ideas to choose from but more importantly, your names are entered into the drawing!
Linda

BellaKarma said...

My name is Retro Cool! =)

~ Jill a.k.a. "BellaKarma"