Monday, February 7, 2011

Every Inchie Monday Plus..

Due to a stomach virus and demanding book fair, I was unable to participate in the last two Every Inchie Monday projects.  I'm happy to report that I'm back and ready to face any art challenge that crosses my path! 
This week's word which my inchie should reflect is "electrifying" and this inchie sums up how I'm feeling now that I'm well.  You can't get any more electrifying than being on fire!     
I found an old drawing that I had put aside a few years ago.  I added some background color and stamped a message on the front.  This was all created on a discarded catalog card. 
Another found piece on my desk was a piece that contained stamped verbiage.  I have no idea where the stamp is or who makes it.  But it's very interesting that I came across it today.  I had to place it in my mini journal which is mainly to hold my inchies.  But I've found lately that my mini journal is just the right size for adding small bits of my life.  I find the words of this found piece interesting because of something I learned yesterday.

My hubby and I are going to be grandparents for the very first time!  Our son and daughter-in-law showed us the first set of pics yesterday and we flipped!!!  We can't tell if it's a boy or girl but it's got real small feet.  LOL!!  This stamp has been hanging around too.  Believe me when I say I have no idea why.  

Isn't it interesting how things come together as if they're all part of a puzzle?  Does this mean I'm going to start buying baby stamps now?  And when did I buy that one up there anyway?  I think I'm going to get a lot of use out of it.  It'll make great tags to place on handmade items.  wow.  I'm gonna be a grandma.  sigh.

9 comments:

Deborah said...

Congratulations on your good news! I love the energy and excitement of your inchie!

Dolores said...

Oh congratulations! It's a wonderful feeling. I found out on my birthday last year that my husband and I will be first time grandparents. I was on a high for about 3 days. The little one is due at the end of April and so I am busy sewing all kinds of baby things.
Great inchie BTW.

Kris said...

Yay for Grandma!!Fun fun fun!
Great inchie too :)

Lynn Cohen said...

Love all the art! But the best art is in the cooker (DIL)~ Our DIL has one cooking too! ;-) And sounds like they may be around the same time coming out. Ours is week 13 I believe. Seen ultra sound, amazing!!! Son took movie of it when they saw it and put it on UTUBE. LOL It's on my blog.
Happy for you, this will be our fifth! Your little baby shirt stamp is adorable.

Pamela said...

How exciting! Congratulations!

Joanne Huffman said...

Congratulations on impending grandparenthood. Glad you're feeling better. Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention that I really like your inchie.

Paper Bagley said...

Grandmotherhood what a joy...mine is 1 on the 10th, she is in a contest for Little Blessings in our local paper...vote if you like.
I enjoy your fun inchie...I got down to last weeks...I did not realize it opened up to reveal so much inside...I thought it was great the first go around...It is that much better the 2nd go around...awesome work...Tootsie

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I love your new inchie..and the tiny tee shirt wooden stamp. Hobby Lobby has them on sale here for 50% off but a lot will depend on how icy the roads are tomorrow. You will love being a grandma! It is the BEST! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Stitching Lady said...

Thank you for your lovely comment on "Electrifying" - lovely to be grandma!!! Congrats! Love your page.
Anneliese