Saturday, November 8, 2008

M I A



I wish M I A meant "Making Instant Art" but unfortunately it means what it is. I've been "missing in action" due to some unexpected family issues. I hope to get back on to show and tell bits of art with you all. I don't know how creative people who make art for a living manage to continue when life throws them a wrench. Anyone out there who can answer this please let me know. I don't have the art urge and the scary thing is that I don't miss it. I need to find a way to crawl out of this icky feeling. Meanwhile, here's a little "...instant art" I made one day not too long ago.

2 comments:

Christina said...

I like your "thingie", now tell us how you made it. Painted it with...? And glued the bird, virgin, etc???
Christina.

Stampmaiden said...

Christina, this little thingie was a plastic switch plate that I got tired of looking at in it's plain off white stage. It's still plastic but I painted it in a vibrant blue acrylic paint color. When it dried I looked through my stash of little papers and glued them down with Golden gel. In the end I gave it a good spray with a clear glossy varnish. Glad you like it. I have another big one that I know you'd LOVE but I have to have better light to get a pic of it. One day.
Linda